Every revolution needs clearly stated goals, so I offer this as a humble start to a writer’s revolution (which I hope will become a culture-wide, industry-wide movement). Having been fed up for years with the moral depravity that is foisted upon us in the guise of entertainment, I have decided to do something about it. So, without further delay, here is the Creative Writing with a Mission / Fiction with a Mission mission statement:
Our mission is to use our gifts and talents as writers and creative artists to help make the world a better place, by producing quality writing and entertainment for the secular market which…
- encourages critical thinking regarding the challenges and opportunities facing our world;
- promotes a positive view of God’s interaction with humanity;
- promotes a moral lifestyle that values sexual purity;
- celebrates the values of honesty, justice, equality, freedom of speech and expression, and democracy for all genders and races; and
- promotes and supports worthy causes by raising social awareness and providing direct material support for these causes.
Our creative standards:
In keeping with our mission, we commit to our audience that we will refrain from using vulgarity and graphic sexual descriptions in our fictional writing and other entertainment creations.
For those who are interested in joining with me in this endeavor, here are some steps you can take to help:
- join the mailing list
- download some of my books, read and share them, and post a review to one of the sites where you purchased it
- keep reading this blog for new developments/action items